If you are new to the CBSCD or need a refresher on the Grading Practices Resource Manual, this Module is for you! See the prompts and video below!
Before viewing the video, reflect on the following questions:
- How do my current grading practices emphasize a consistent interval grading scale?
- How am I giving feedback on student behavior separate from grading academic achievement?
- How are performances and practices used in my classes?
- What opportunities for revision and redo am I offering students?
- How are modifications and accommodations for special education students reflected in my grading practices?
After viewing the video, reflect on the following questions:
- How will I used the 4,3,2,1 grading scale to communicate academic achievement with my students?
- How will I use the Employability Rubric to assess and give feedback to students regarding non-academic performance?
- What criteria will I use to determine if class work is a performance or practice?
- What will learning recovery opportunities look like in my classes?
Click on the following link to develop action steps for each of the guidelines in relation to your current practice.